Recollection
Autumn leaves under frozen soles, my hungry hands are turning soft and old.
My hero, I cried after they returned home, in quietness, in tiredness, I recollected
your pieces alone. I know it has been months but even now, I feel that my faith,
like these autumn leaves, have nothing to hold.
I still remember your handsome smile, forever captured on the photos, forever
preserved in my heart. Did you hear me praying for you? Holding your tiny wrinkly
hands, I sat beside your mechanical home, reading verses of the bible, as you laid
there making noise so restlessly.
It is so quiet now. I am told you are gone. But I can still hear myself saying,
"Hey Buddy stay strong... Buddy you will be alright."
The autumn leaves have faded away now. That smile that I've lost to this, well
I have found it back somehow. You still live in my eyes (your brother's eyes). We all
still think of you, remember you, dream of you... These autumn leaves, these lovely
autumn leaves are yours tonight.

<< Home